November 21-26 in 2021. Learn the mysteries of watercolour and how to create a PEARLER of a travel journal whilst exploring these beautiful historic old towns.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
November 21-26 in 2021. Two historic towns in central regional Victoria, packed with gems to paint, sketch and visit. Learn how to create a snappy travel journal with snippets of your journey from both towns in 8 workshops over 6 days with artist Kate Stedman as your tutor.
Join us in Castlemaine and BEAUTIFUL historic Maldon in Victoria for a relaxed, fun set of 8 workshops on how to create a lovely watercolour travel journal. No experience is necessary and no talent required for this workshop. Easy!
After our sell-out April 3 day workshops in Castlemaine we are running a SIX day workshop this year and this time incorporating the outstanding historic town of Maldon which just cannot be missed.
A totally different itinerary so any who joined us in April will love joining us again in November!
This SIX DAY workshop is for anyone who would like to learn a fun and easy way to draw, create a great-looking travel sketchbook and understand the mysteries of how to use watercolour.
You wil LOVE the activities and locations we have organised for you! These workshops will suit everyone whether you are a total beginner or you are a seasoned sketcher.
- You produce according to your skill set and you learn from others around you.
- Lots of gentle guidance and direction from your teacher shows you how easy it is to produce good results and you will improve enormously with each session.
- There is no judgement, no fear, no criticism – just a really enjoyable experience.
KATE STEDMAN, an experienced teacher, takes you step-by-step in each workshop so that you never feel overwhelmed and the whole experience is fun as well as educational.
To see her artwork and find out more about her click HERE
These workshops provide friendship, laughs and lots of fun.
- Learn how to present not just an easy sketch but a travel journal with interesting layout, headings, texts, collage and colour.
- Learn how to make any sketch “POP” out for the viewer
We have 8 workshops spread morning and afternoon over 4 full days in the regional country town of historic Castlemaine and Maldon, Victoria, Australia. Each workshop is about 2.5 hours long so there is plenty of time to explore and sketch and stretch your legs inbetween times. We have lined up some exciting and rewarding visits and locations to sketch in this itinerary so you can create a unique little journal of what Central Victoria has to offer behind the scenes. And there is plenty of time to shop, explore and wander too!
Your experienced tour manager and host Kate Stedman is an historian, art lover and avid sketcher and she will take you to her favourite spots and regale you with fun facts and historic gems each day as well.
6 days starting November 21-26 in 2021.
- Accommodation 5 nights in a well-appointed 3+ star hotel and in delightful authentic cottages and heritage houses in Maldon.
- 5 breakfasts
- 5 delicious lunches
- 1 dinner with wine
- All tuition for 8 workshops
You will need to bring your own car or organise to travel in one with a friend. Our hotel is a 20 minute walk into central Castlemaine for sketching each day.
Arriving from interstate? we suggest you
- fly to Melbourne and hire a car at the airport to make the 1 and a 1/4 hour drive up to Castlemaine
- or fly in to Bendigo (Qantas) and either take the half hour train up to Castlemaine or hire a car in Bendigo
- or drive from for example: Sydney and overnight in Albury. The return trip book overnight in eg: Wagga
COST in AUD:
From $1,200 per person for two people sharing a room to $1,950 for solo occupancy with own bathroom throughout the tour
(please note that there is a range of room configurations available depending on booking and availability so please contact us immediately to discuss your preferences)
NB: Deposit of $300 AUD is required to hold your place on this tour.
This is 50% refundable up till 60 days before tour commencement date.
After this date it is non-refundable.
If government Covid restrictions prevent us from travelling to the workshops the tour will be cancelled and all money refunded.
Exact itinerary coming later this year.
If we are prevented from arriving at our destination in Castlemaine and Maldon because of a covid lockdown at the destination then the booking will be cancelled and your payment refunded. However if you choose to cancel for any reason within 60 days of the tour commencement your payment will not be refundable
Please deposit and send in your booking form. We will tell you immediately the moment minimum numbers for the tour have been reached so that you can make your travel arrangements for the workshop.