June 11-18 in 2024. A very special 8 days of sketching and watercolour workshops staying in our own private mansion and exploring the magnificent Languedoc region of Southern France. Daily classes and lots of fun with Urban Sketcher, Instructor and Artist; Annette Morris. Max number of 14 sketchers.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Excludes
The glorious Herault Region of Languedoc in South West France with its rich history and land of the Cathar heresy.
June 11- 18 in 2024, join our fully escorted Travel Sketching tour with extraordinary English artist Annette Morris who has lived in the Languedoc region for 15 years and has taught workshops and painted in every scenic spot in this lovely region.
There is just SO MUCH to enjoy, see and experience in this beautiful region!
So a lucky few will enjoy a remarkable 8 day tour of exploration, laughter, learning, relaxation and delight with a truly wonderful artist and tutor.
-Sketchers of any standard/experience level welcome
- Non-sketchers welcome if they are travelling and sharing a room with a sketcher as there is just so much to see and explore in this trip.
-Immerse yourself in the gorgeous towns of historic Languedoc France around the Unesco World heritage Canal du Midi.
Your experienced tour manager and guide Kate Stedman is an historian, art lover and avid sketcher and she will take you to her favourite spots and regale you with fun facts and historic gems each day as well.
Our tour group will practise covid-safe measures where at all appropriate whilst on tour. We value your health and safety.
WHERE IS IT ?
Our medieval town is called Quarante near Capestang by the historic Canal du Midi. It is a 25 minute drive to the historic town of Beziers which we will visit and sketch on the tour.
Please see the FAQ tab above for more information on how to arrive and depart.
ABOUT ANNETTE MORRIS
Apart from being an outstanding artist, Annette is a gifted teacher. She has been running exciting fun workshops and sketching activities in Languedoc for many years. See a sample below.
See Annette's website here.
Follow Annette on her Instagram page: @annettemorris.art
See her online classes here.
We have some truly very special activities planned for you these 8 days that only a local can know and take you to.
Our tours are always designed for fun and amiability and we want everyone to learn as much as they can whilst enjoying themselves and making new friends. We carefully curate all our itineraries to provide variety, scenic beauty, interest, enriching visits and experiences for everyone.
Your tour is fully escorted.
Annette will teach you Tips, Tricks and Techniques to enhance your sketches. She will teach
-pen and ink sketching
-watercolour wash sketches
-constructing & composing a scene to sketch
-use watercolour better
-mix some other media in for special effects
-enhance your travel sketches with mixed media
-create a forever travel journal of each day's experience on tour
Most mornings we will head out to sketch en plein air
-by a vineyard
-at a country market
-by a river looking at fortresses on mountain backdrops
- sketch boats and rural scenes on the Canal du Midi
- sketching by the Mediterranean sea
- take morning tea amongst the vines at a local chateau
-sketch in quaint village squares
-we will shop at country markets for food ( get some great linen clothing!) and sketch with coffee
-have a superb long lunch in a vineyard by the canal du midi.... the list is endless.
Each day provides variety and pleasure and new discoveries. We have some gems of spots to take you to!
- Our own private mansion built in 1805 and lovingly restored.
- Own enclosed garden on half an acre
- Swimming pool for relaxing with a local rosé, a champagne or a GnT....
- Meals will be al-fresco dinners on the terrace of fresh local produce or at our local village bistro.
- Each room is large and cool and has its own bathroom and there are acres of space inside for workshops, to do your laundry, play the piano and even cook a meal if you want to.
This amazing place is all ours to stretch out and relax in and is equipped with indoor and outdoor workshop spaces in shade and sun with a wonderful dining terrace for balmy evenings.
Annette will hold workshops both at the mansion and out on excursions and there will be plenty of time to relax, shop, explore and do more sketching as you like.
Our tour begins with an afternoon check-in at our Mansion Villa on June 11.
You are free to arrive any time in the afternoon before we all enjoy a welcome aperitif and dinner on the terrace to meet everyone. (More arrival information available after you have made your reservation)
The tour ends after breakfast on the morning of June 18 at our Mansion when you are free to make your own onward travel arrangements. We can assist with all your arrival and departure planning.
We price all our European tours in EUROS to accommodate exchange rate fluctuations but you will be paying for your tour in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS as we are an Australian tour company.
- The 8 day tour price is: 2,950 euros per person for two people sharing a room (check www.xe.com to get an estimate of what the tour will cost in your own currency on today's rates)
- Solo traveller in own room: 3,500 euros (check www.xe.com to get an estimate of what the tour will cost in your own currency on today's rates)
- Non-sketcher sharing room with a sketcher: 2,550 euros (check www.xe.com to get an estimate of what the tour will cost in your own currency on today's rates)
Deposit of $1,000 AUD per person.
We will invoice you at the time of payment for the correct amount to pay according to the market rate on that day.
This EXCEPTIONAL PRICE includes
- All accommodation whilst on tour with own bathroom
- Daily breakfasts
- 5 dinners
- 6 lunches (one will be very special!)
- All entries
- All transport on tour (after you have arrived at our accommodation near Beziers)
- Your Tour Manager
- 6 demos & workshops with ANNETTE MORRIS
- Travel outside tour dates (June 11-18 in 2024) - we can assist you with all your arrival and departure arrangements - see the FAQ's tab
- All other meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Travel insurance which is mandatory on all our tours
Our private mansion and separate private villa with ensuite bathrooms, pool and garden. 3 star charm category.
Rooms are large and most have ensuite bathrooms.
All rooms have fans and are very cool with 3 foot thick walls and wooden shutters to keep out the sun and heat.
Not until minimum numbers have booked on the tour. We shall tell you immediately so that you can go ahead and make travel plans.
The nearest airport to our accommodation is Beziers (a 25 minute drive away).
There are several flights which use this airport from France, the UK and other cities.
You could also take the train Paris to Beziers which takes 4 hours.
Another option is to fly in to either PERPIGNAN, CARCASSONNE or MONTPELLIER airports and get a transfer to meet you and drive you to our village in Quarante.
Please contact us for any advice you might need on this.