Sketching Tours Tasmania March 2021 with Judy Salleh
19 March:30 MarchAUD $1,500
Intensive Sketching Workshop in Hobart & Richmond, Tasmania with Sydney artist Judy Salleh
- TOUR 1 MARCH 19-24 in 2021 – FULLY BOOKED
- TOUR 2 MARCH 25-30 in 2021 – FULLY BOOKED
Join avid urban sketcher and tutor, Judy on this 5 Day intensive workshops of 9 classes sketching in a small group on location, learning the fundamentals whilst gaining skills and confidence every day.
Receive individual attention in a supportive and friendly group environment throughout the 4 days plus 1 Evening of Twilight Sketching.
Subjects we will cover include:
- Historic buildings & Architecture
- Boats and Reflections, Bridges
- Landscapes and Skies
- Sketchbook Layout and Lettering ideas
Key skills covered during the Workshop will be:
- Sketching and Drawing: Composition & essential drawing skills Identifying key focal points and eliminating unnecessary detail ·
Tips and techniques for sketching a variety of subjects: simple objects, buildings, landscapes, boats, street scenes etc ·
Overcoming any fear of sketching on location ·
Sketchbook Layout and Simple Lettering ·
- Watercolour: Applying colour and simplifying the process to avoid muddiness
Magical colour mixes
Limiting your colours to achieve harmony
Creating beautiful skies and reflections
Techniques for creating texture and interest in your buildings
Enhancing your sketches with shadows and contrast
Highlights of the tour include:
- Friday 19th March 2021 or Thursday 25 March: after arriving today we do a Welcome Twilight Sketch with wine on the harbour 5-7pm
- 4 days’ tuition – 2 workshops per day
- 5 night’s accommodation in 4 star historic accommodation on the Hobart Harbour
- 5 breakfasts
- Exploring Hobart & the historic area of Barrack Point
- Return travel from Hobart to visit the beautiful village of Richmond
- Demonstrations, Individual help and feedback
- A relaxed tour pace with plenty of laughs and lots of tuition!
This tour cost includes staying for 5 nights at the wonderful OLD WOOLSTORE APARTMENTS on the Hobart Harbour waterfront.
Each apartment has its own kitchenette facilities.
The tour price will depend whether you choose
- to SHARE a twin bed STUDIO apartment with another person
- share a TWO BEDROOM apartment sharing one bathroom
- or you have your own queen bed STUDIO APARTMENT: See prices below for each option
OPTION ONE: $1,500 per person
Twin bed STUDIO Apartment (TWO PEOPLE sharing a bathroom in one bedroom)
(* You must be responsible for organising the other person with whom you will share the apartment. We do not allocate rooms or billet people with others. Two people together need to request one of these twin bed studio apartments)
OPTION TWO: $2,150 per person with own bathroom.
1 bedroom STUDIO Apartment (SINGLE)
Please note: if you would like to bring a non-sketching partner along this is only possible in these Studio Apartments at the price below.
Cost for a non-sketching partner sharing a double bed with a sketcher in a Studio Apartment is an extra $250 AUD
Please note there may be no availability on the transport for them to accompany us on the day we go to Richmond and back depending on sketcher numbers in the mini-buses.
OPTION THREE: $1,850 per person
Two people with own bedroom in a 2 bedroom apartment with one shared bathroom
(* You must be responsible for organising the other person with whom you will share the 2 brm apartment. We do not allocate rooms or billet people with others. Two people together need to request one of these 2 bedroom apartments)
MEALS DURING THE TOUR
There are no meals other than breakfasts included in the tour itinerary and price. Each apartment is equipped with a kitchenette.
You are free to dine out or eat in whenever you would like. Hobart is full of wonderful and renowned restaurants and there is a supermarket closeby.
Please note that: on the occasions when the group may elect to dine together in restaurants we do not split the bill. Everyone pays for only what they eat.
Alcohol consumption is on a separate bill and is at your expense.
The tour price does not include:
- Any meals other than breakfasts daily
- Transfers to and from airports to accommodation
- Any additional transport you may require in Tasmania
PAYMENT CONDITIONS IMPORTANT POINTS TO READ
- This is a very limited number workshop so please do not hesitate if you wish to be included.
Deposit of $500 AUD required to secure your place on this tour.
- NB: IF COVID makes it impossible for us to go to Tasmania then deposits will be refunded in full up to 7 days before commencement date. Cancellation other than for Covid your deposit is 50% refundable up to 90 days before departure when it then becomes non-refundable.