Sketching Tour Tasmania March 2020 with Judy Salleh
21 March:26 MarchAUD $1,700
Intensive Sketching Workshop in Hobart & Richmond, Tasmania with Sydney artist Judy Salleh
Join avid urban sketcher and tutor, Judy on this 4 Day intensive workshop of 9 classes sketching in a small group on location, learning the fundamentals whilst gaining skills and confidence every day.
Receive individual attention in a supportive and friendly group environment throughout the 4 days plus 1 Evening of Twilight Sketching.
Subjects we will cover include:
- Historic buildings & Architecture
- Boats and Reflections, Bridges
- Landscapes and Skies
- Sketchbook Layout and Lettering ideas
Key skills covered during the Workshop will be:
- Sketching and Drawing: Composition & essential drawing skills Identifying key focal points and eliminating unnecessary detail ·
Tips and techniques for sketching a variety of subjects: simple objects, buildings, landscapes, boats, street scenes etc ·
Overcoming any fear of sketching on location ·
Sketchbook Layout and Simple Lettering ·
- Watercolour: Applying colour and simplifying the process to avoid muddiness
Magical colour mixes
Limiting your colours to achieve harmony
Creating beautiful skies and reflections
Techniques for creating texture and interest in your buildings
Enhancing your sketches with shadows and contrast
Highlights of the tour include:
- Saturday 21st March: after arriving today we do a Welcome Twilight Sketch with wine on the harbour 5-7pm
- Sunday 22nd to Wednesday 25th March: 4 days’ tuition – 2 workshops per day
- 5 night’s accommodation in 4 star historic accommodation on the Hobart Harbour
- 5 breakfasts
- Exploring Hobart & the historic area of Barrack Point
- Return travel from Hobart to visit the beautiful village of Richmond
- Demonstrations, Individual help and feedback
- A relaxed tour pace with plenty of laughs and lots of tuition!
This tour cost includes staying for 5 nights at the wonderful OLD WOOLSTORE APARTMENTS on the Hobart Harbour waterfront.
Each apartment has its own kitchenette facilities.
The tour price will depend whether you choose to SHARE a 2 bedroom apartment with another person or have your own STUDIO APARTMENT: See prices below
OPTION ONE: 2 bedroom Apartment (sharing 1 bathroom between two bedrooms) $1,700 per person assuming one person booked in each room *
(* You must be responsible for organising the other person with whom you will share the apartment. We do not allocate rooms or billet people with others. Two people together need to request one of these 2 bedroom apartments)
OPTION TWO: 1 bedroom Studio Apartment (single) $2,250 per person with own bathroom.
Please note: if you would like to bring a non-sketching partner along this is only possible in these Studio Apartments.
Cost for a non-sketching partner sharing a double bed with a sketcher in a Studio Apartment is an extra $250 AUD
Please note there may be no availability on the transport for them to accompany us on the day we go to Richmond and back depending on sketcher numbers in the mini-buses.
MEALS DURING THE TOUR
There are no meals other than breakfasts included in the tour itinerary and price.
You are free to dine out or eat in whenever you would like. Hobart is full of wonderful and renowned restaurants.
Please note that: on the occasions when the group elects to dine together in restaurants we do not split the bill. Everyone pays for only what they eat.
Alcohol consumption is on a separate bill and is at your expense.
The tour price does not include:
- Any meals other than breakfasts daily
- Transfers to and from airports to accommodation
- Any additional transport you may require in Tasmania
PAYMENT CONDITIONS IMPORTANT POINTS TO READ
- This is a very limited number workshop so please do not hesitate if you wish to be included.
- If you are interested please book and pay THE FULL AMOUNT (either $1,700 or $2,250) immediately to reserve your spot on the tour.
- Please note this full payment is non-refundable so we require all clients to take out travel insurance to protect themselves in the event of an unforeseen emergency that prevents you from attending. Kate Stedman at French Fusion Travel offers 30% off travel insurance to all clients participating in the tour.
Please contact her email@example.com giving her YOUR NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, TRAVEL DATES, ADDRESS, PH NO and she can quote you.
- PLEASE NOTE If the minimum number of bookings has not been reached by December 24 then the workshop will be cancelled and your payments refunded.