Puglia to Pompeii Creative Holiday in Southern Italy 15 Sept 2019
Sunday, September 15, 2019:Wednesday, September 25, 2019€3,200
Join amazing UK artist IAN FENNELLY for an unforgettable 11 day adventure in The Boot of Italy and discover the ancient sassi (caves) of Matera, the TRULLI (cone-topped houses) of Alberobello, the scenic coast of the Tyrrhenian Sea and ancient Pompeii ruins with daily workshops and demos by Ian.
IAN FENNELLY is a qualified teacher as well a world renowned, full time artist and graduate from Wimbledon art school. He paints commissions for government and private collections, has instructional videos and is an Urban Sketcher Instructor who runs regular sell-out workshops in Britain and Europe. His quirky, colorful vibrant art is loved by tens of thousands of artists and sketchers worldwide.
- Ian will be doing 9 workshops in the 11 days of the tour. He will also be doing some wonderful fun DEMO's in the evening and these take lots of different forms from quick 20 minute sketches, painting your sketches, adding vibrancy and dynamism to your picture and many other fun tips. Everybody loves these Ian "reveals" in these demos as a separate tour bonus.
- Finally each person on the tour gets a limited edition signed print of one of these pieces Ian produces on the trip.
You will learn all sorts of great tips and tricks from Ian to easily produce your own fabulous sketches and your own artistic travel journal. You will be amazed at what you produce.
You may like to consider joining our 13 day "Greek Odyssey Creative Holiday" with artist Alicia Aradilla from Spain, which will begin in Athens and travel up to CORFU on September 1-13 in 2019. From there you can travel to Bari to begin this next sketching holiday you see below.
Our tours are all fully-escorted and designed for affordability, fun and safety in comfortable, relaxing conditions.
Your tour manager and guide Kate Stedman is an historian, art lover and avid sketcher and she will take you to her favourite spots and regale you with fun facts and historic gems.
11 days starting 15 September in 2019 in BARI in the province of Puglia and ending in POMPEII 25 September
You may like to consider continuing and joining our 13 day " Greek Odyssey Creative Holiday" which will begin in Athens on September 1 and end on the island of Corfu on September 13 in 2019.
3,200 EUROS Twin Share per person
2,850 EUROS Non-sketchers (must be sharing with a sketcher
870 EUROS Single supp
Tour Inclusions: all bus and rail travel within Italy whilst on tour, ensuite accommodation in carefully selected centrally located hotels, all entries, tutelage, your bi-lingual Tour Manager and 2 meals per day.
CREATING A TRAVEL JOURNAL PUGLIA TO POMPEII
- Bari 1 night
- Matera 2 nights
- Maratea 4 nights
- Pompeii 3 nights
A wonderful luxurious 11 day tour starting in BARI and ending in POMPEII.
We have designed this tour to take in our favourite parts of this magical part of Italy.
- Start in our palace hotel on the Adriatic coast
- Unesco world heritage visit to sketch the remarkable conical stone houses -Trulli of Alborobello
- Marvel at Unesco's World Heritage Town of the Year : ...... 5,000 year old Matera full of cave architecture and precipitous views and streets to sketch
- Stay 4 nights in our favourite villa in the whole of Italy (yes!) laze by the swimming pool, relax on beaches, sketch the stupendous views - you'll never want to leave! Better by far than the Amalfi Coast - that's a promise!
- 3 wonderful nights at our resort in Pompeii sipping Aperol spritz's by the pool and admiring Mt Vesuvius from our deck chair
- Sketch/explore the amazing ruins of Pompeii
Each day we provide breakfast for you and you will have en-suite accommodation (air-con of course in every room) and sometimes a pool....
3 great dinners and 4 simple lunches are also included in your tour price.
All transport on tour is in an air-conditioned bus.
IAN FENNELLY will teach you how to sketch and observe in your journal and create a stunning booklet of your 11 day holiday. This is a holiday for all abilities - everyone is catered for and it makes no difference if you have never held a pen except for work! Everyone gets the same enjoyment and reward out of such a lovely Sketch Holiday and all will love it.
That's a promise.
Our tour begins at our lovely coastal hotel in Bari at 6 pm on September 15 in 2019. There are several towns which offer flights into Bari from within and outside Italy. We recommend you fly into Rome, or Venice or Milan and then fly down to Bari.
After breakfast on September 25 in 2019 our tour finishes in Pompeii.
You are then free to travel elsewhere to continue your holiday.
You can train up to Naples (approx.1.5 hour journey) or train up to Rome from Pompeii (2-3 hours train trip) or - remember: you may want to book this above tour in conjunction with our 13 day "Greek Sketching Odyssey" which will starts in Athens on September 1 and end on the island of Corfu on September 13 in 2019.
* Travel insurance is a mandatory requirement for all participants on our tours.