Paris and the Loire Valley Travel Sketching workshop June 14-22 in 2019
14 June:22 June€2,390
“The best part about the French Fusion Sketching Holidays is the lovely bond between the group that forms and the remarkable learning and skill development that takes place.”
Join us for 9 fully-escorted magical days of creative journalling and sketching whilst experiencing the glamour of Paris for 3 nights followed by a fascinating 5 nights stay in the historic Loire Valley of France
Learn to sketch and create a superb travel journal with renowned Travel Sketcher Renata Lahalle and historian and tour manager Kate Stedman.
Having daily workshops and immersing yourself into the utterly absorbing world of creating your own travel journal and sketch-book each day will bring you amazing long-term results.
These Sketching Holidays offered by French Fusion Travel suit all ages for both men and women. And there are no skill pre-requisites. Just come along and enjoy at your own pace and level.
Being CREATIVE is a form of relaxation that brings joy and is what we all need more of in our lives.
Renowned artist Renata is French and speaks 4 languages fluently and she is your sketch tutor and workshop manager for this tour. Renata has online courses, a blog and a newsletter on her website called Le Plaisir du Dessin: The Pleasure of Sketching. See her superb work below and click to see more here.
Life In a French Chateau….la vie dans un chateau….. this holiday will be a hidden gem without the tourist crowds in Paris and amidst the mid-Summer gardens, splendid Chateaux, Abbayes and historic buildings of the Loire Valley.
Come share our secret special places in Paris depicting easy vignettes and icons while learning some of the historic gems of this beautiful city.
Your Tour Manager and historian will ensure you get the most out of your holiday in Paris and the Loire valley seeing a variety of interesting sites and you will learn delicious tidbits of information about why they are there and what happened to put them there. Kate will tell you stories behind all the different places we visit which not only enriches your experience but will give your journal entries some added interest.
Our tours are all fully-escorted and designed for affordability, fun and safety in comfortable, relaxing conditions.
Even if you have never put a pen on paper to sketch or create anything – or if you have been doing this for a long time – you will find this 9 day creative workshop experience in Paris and the Loire magic and inspirational
You will be amazed at what you can achieve when shown how.
This is a skill and a present to take home with you for life.
9 days starting June 14 in 2019 in Paris and ending June 22 with the TGV train ride back in to Paris
- Two full days of sketching workshops, demos and activities in Paris as well as historic walks to different locations.
- Our hotel in Paris is located in the historic Latin Quarter and is a lovely 4 star hotel near all amenities
- All transport will be on trains: TGV train to Tours in the Loire Valley and 5 nights in our central hotel using local trains daily
- 5 days of 3 hours + sketch workshops, demos and journalling tutorials in the Loire Valley each day
- Our accommodation in Tours is a 3+ star hotel well located near the station and shops and cafes
- Guided walk of Old Tours city
- Visit Chenonceau Chateau
- Amboise Chateau
- Chateau and medieval town of Loches
You may like to add this on to our Portugal Pilgrimage Sketching tour we have ending in Northern Spain on June 13 in 2019. See details here.
2,390 EUROS Twin Share (please ask if you would like to upgrade your hotel room in Paris) all rooms are 3 & 4 star and have ensuites and air-conditioning
2,150 EUROS Non-sketchers (must be sharing with a sketcher)
990 EUROS Single supp
Tour Inclusions: all travel within France, accommodation with own bathroom, all entries, tutelage, your bi-lingual Tour Manager. all breakfasts, 4 lunches and 2 dinners included,
TRAVEL SKETCHING IN PARIS & THE LOIRE VALLEY
- Paris 3 nights on the Left Bank in our comfortable hotel journalling and depicting the icons of Paris and exploring
- 5 nights in our central hotel in Tours – no moving so you can unpack and relax!
A 9 day tour with the gentle, positive encouragement of teacher and artist RENATA LAHALLE and your France expert Kate Stedman starting in Paris and ending in Paris.
We take the TGV down to Tours and explore this medieval town and its history. The Loire is a land of Romans and Huns, St Martin and his donkey, The Plantagents, Joan of Arc, renaissance Kings and Queens in magnificent castles, Leonardo da Vinci, troglodyte villages and outstanding regional wines. This is just to name a few things you will experience and learn about whilst sketching.
- Each morning after breakfast we take you (by foot or metro in Paris and private coach in the Loire) to a nearby location to sketch and explore followed by a lunch nearby to complete our work and – probably sketch some more! – and then each afternoon is yours to explore or relax upon returning to our local city of Tours.
You are free each night to dine with the group – we recommend some places for you – or relax and “do your öwn thing”
- You will meet local people and buy fresh food from the local country markets – a great opportunity to practise your French and your people sketching!
Our tour begins at our lovely Parisian hotel at 6 pm on June 14 in 2019. This hotel is located in the centre of where Paris was first settled by the Parisi tribe before the Romans.
Tour ends after breakfast on June 22 in 2019 with an optional train trip back to Paris so you can continue your forward travel.
* Travel insurance is a mandatory requirement for all participants on our tours.