Barge Cruise: Aristocracy, Wine & Chateaux
Sunday, August 30, 2020:Saturday, September 5, 2020€4940
1 CABIN LEFT. An exclusive cruise on “La Belle Epoque” in September 2020 1,000 euros discount!
Private dinner with the elegant and delightful Baroness Segolene de Taisne at her family castle; exclusive private tour of Chateau de Commarin with 26th generation owner, the charming Comte Bertrand de Vogue; outstanding wine & champagne tastings; charming villages and markets!
As many of you know, “La Belle Epoque” has for many years been one of our favourite hotel barges; in fact it was the first barge I ever cruised on and we subsequently used Belle many times on our group tours for a wonderful week on the Nivernais Canal. For a number of years now, she has been cruising on a different section of canal; no longer the Nivernais, but the Canal de Bourgogne in northern Burgundy – so the cruise route is totally different to what it used to be. This cruise incorporates a whole new offering of highlights – and Belle has been totally refurbished since the last time the majority of you were on board! So join us on a very special and exclusive cruise departing 30th August next year – with a 10% discount off the normal tour price.
The barge will be chartered for the exclusive use of one private group, with some exceptional private visits. We can also offer a wide range of accommodation in Paris pre- and post-cruise.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Abbaye de Fontenay
- Private tasting of Chablis wines at the prestigious Domaine La Roche, including a visit to the 1000 year old monastery cellars
- Visit to the Château de Commarin for a unique falconry display & private tour with Comte Bernard de Vogue
- Private Champagne Tasting at the Alexandre Bonnet Champagne House
- Dine with the Baroness Segolene de Taisne at the magnificent Château de Ricey-Bas
- Market day at Ancy-Le-Franc and visit to the gorgeous little village of Noyers, one of the “Plus Beaux Villages de France”
- Excellent towpath for walking & biking.
There is nothing like walking or cycling through the Burgundy countryside on the endless stretches of towpath that this cruise route provides. It’s just beautiful. Or relaxing on deck watching the magnificent countryside meander by, enjoying a glass of that delicious crisp Chablis… and of course as always on a barge cruise, the cuisine and wines served on board are exceptional.
The normal price for this cruise is 5490 euros per person. The price for exclusive tour departure on August 30th, 2020 is 4940 euros per person twin/double share.
Please contact Kate at email@example.com for further information or to secure your place on the cruise.