French Fusion Travel is the travel agent and tour operator for the Erin Hill Sketch School based in Sydney but with worldwide schools.
French Fusion Travel’s director Kate Stedman, works closely with Erin in planning and organising the Sketch Holidays each year and Kate is a certified Erin Hill Sketch Tutor too.
See her story here.
No experience nor any skill is required to come on our holidays. If you have never picked up a pencil or pen in your life to draw and cannot even manage a straight line then you will LOVE our Sketch Holidays. They change peoples’ lives. It is all about seeing. Erin teaches you how. If you are an existing sketcher then you will love the opportunity to explore new techniques and learn new skills.
DAY TO DAY ON OUR SKETCH HOLIDAYS?
These Sketch Holidays are always extremely positive, therapeutic experiences for everyone.
- We allow you to turn off your negative side that says you can’t do anything. You will be amazed at what you can achieve when you are shown how.
- We meet up over an amicable breakfast together each morning and by 9 am we usually start our Sketching Fun with tips, tricks, ideas and a demo from your tutor before we head out on location to sketch.
- We visit historic, iconic and amazing local sites giving you a smattering of historical context, meeting local people and often generating an interested crowd of onlookers who always LOVE even the simplest sketches we do.
- We sketch and paint often over lunch and laughter and then we are free to disperse and practise, relax, shop, doze, explore.
- Most people form such strong bonds they stay together as a group and dine, sketch and socialise each evening too.
- At times we will offer afternoon sketch lessons – depending on the length of the tour, sketch-free travelling days and group needs.
Whatever your experience or skill level we all get the same pleasure and joy from each day on holiday together working at our own pace.
WHAT WILL I LEARN TO SKETCH ON TOUR?
Anything and Everything!
- Lamps in Lucca
- a Fez in Fes
- a Bridge in Barga
- Pots in Paris
- a Monastery in Meteora
- Pope’s Palace in Provence
- Daquiris on the Douro
- A Wampanoag Indian in his tee-pee to a young girl with her pet elephant